Wednesday, May 31, 2017

How to slow down a children's librarian

I have discovered a way that will absolutely 100% slow down a very active children's librarian. Break her toe. Yep. Last Saturday (a week before summer reading starts), I decided that it would be a good idea to get my foot caught in a rut (while doing something as mundane as closing my garage) and break my pinkie toe. For some reason I remember hearing something about how humans don't need our pinkie toes for balance. Let me state for the record that this is 100% false! Now the fact that mine is currently twice its normal size may have something to do with this. Anyway...we are rapidly approaching the craziest time of the year for my profession, and I am hobbling around in a walking boot. Considering that two of the storytime programs I lead are Music & Movement for infants/toddlers and preschool/early elementary, I am going to have to get really creative and start leading the Frankenstein shuffle or something. Or I may adapt my signature car dancing moves into chair dancing. Ugh. According to my research (totally in my nature of course), broken toes take 4-6 weeks to heal which means I am going to be moving a lot slower than usual. This should be interesting...

No comments:

Post a Comment