Wednesday, August 30, 2017

Storytimes are coming soon!

Our August hiatus is rapidly coming to a close.  I am putting together last minute plans for Fall 2017 storytime programs.  Each week I will continue to post the outlines from my preschool and music storytimes so stay tuned!  I will also be including some additional information about the weekly math activities that I will be introducing in preschool storytime.  It's never too early to start preparing the kids for what they will see in kindergarten.  After taking a look through my daughter's kindergarten math workbook, I see a lot of things that look familiar from my recent training on including math in storytimes.  She was impressed when she asked me if I knew what a ten frame was, and I said yes. :)

Also coming soon, I will be sharing info about the six skills of early literacy and how to incorporate singing, talking, writing, reading, and playing.  It will most likely be one topic a week.

No comments:

Post a Comment