Wednesday, September 27, 2017

Fall 2017 Music & Movement Storytime: Week Four 9-27-17



So I got really, really, really excited (like happy dance excited) when my copy of Groovy Joe Dance Party Countdown arrived on the hold shelf.  I knew that I would be reading it to anyone willing to listen!  I read it in preschool storytime yesterday to much fanfare, so of course I had to make a switch to my original plan and add it as our book of the week!  It's the perfect book for this storytime!

Groovy Joe http://groovyjoestories.scholastic.com/ and Eric Litwin https://www.ericlitwin.com/ in general are magical!  If you haven't read Groovy Joe Ice Cream and Dinosaurs , drop everything and do it immediately!  Once you've done that, continue to ride the Litwin train right to the land of The Nuts http://www.thenutfamily.com/!  Eric Litwin is frequently featured in my storytimes both in book and music form!  Enjoy!



Fall 2017 Music & Movement Storytime
Week Four:  9-27-17


Opening Song:  “Good Morning” (Track #1 Songs for Wiggleworms)

Song:  “Row, Row, Row Your Boat” with ribbons (Track #2 Songs for Wiggleworms)

Song:  “If You’re Happy and You Know It” (Track #6 Songs for Wiggleworms)

Rhyme:  “Mr. Sun”

Animal Yoga

Book:  Groovy Joe Dance Party Countdown / story by Eric Litwin, illustrated by Tom Lichtenheld

Scarves Song:  “Scarves On Your Laps” (Track #8 The Second Line)

Shakers Song:  “Shake With You” (Track #7 Bouncy Blue / Eric Litwin)

Song:  “It’s a Beautiful Day” (Track #2 Baloney / Miss Carole)

Book:  Old MacDonald Things That Go / Jane Clarke, illustrated by Migy Blanco

Song:  “You Are My Sunshine” (Track #37 Songs for Wiggleworms)

Closing Song:  “Goodbye Song” (Track #38 Songs for Wiggleworms)

No comments:

Post a Comment