Wednesday, September 12, 2018

Fall 2018 Music & Movement Storytime: Week Two 9/12/18

So years ago I had the idea to cut out paper leaves so we could make piles, jump in them, rake them, etc.  It was a huge hit, and it has become a Fall storytime tradition, traveling from one branch to another.  Ha, branch!  That's funny!  Sorry, I'm amusing myself today.  It's an awesome activity because cleanup is built right into it.  We have to rake the leaves and fill the baskets.  Parents are always amazed at how fast their little ones clean up.  I know that I was pretty floored at the speed my own kids have cleaned up these leaves because it definitely does not translate to toys.  Maybe taping construction paper leaves to everything they own would help!  Of course they are also 5 and almost 7, so they've wised up to the whole "be my special helper during cleanup time" game.  I'll enjoy that with my preschoolers, and even some of the toddlers were totally on board with it today.


Fall 2018 Music & Movement Storytime
Week Two:  9/12/18

Opening Song:  “Everybody Wake Up!” (Track #7 Lisa Loeb’s Songs for Moving and Shaking)

Song:  “I Can Wiggle” (Track #2 30 Toddler Songs)

Song:  “Bingo” (Track #10 Early Childhood Classics / Hap Palmer)

Let’s Get Moving Activity Song:  “I’m a Nut” (Track #12 Groovy Green / Eric Litwin)
Pick out four of the activity mats.  Play song twice for four repetitions of the song, using each mat as the movement.

Yoga/Breathing Activity
Pick a breathing card and practice it.  Then pick a yoga pose card.  Practice the pose while breathing in and out.

Where are we going to fly today?
Ribbons / Scarves Song:  “The Airplane Song” (Track #9 The Ultimate Laurie Berkner Band Collection)

Transition Song:  “If You’d Like to Read a Book”

Book:  Mouse’s First Fall / Lauren Thompson, illustrated by Buket Erdogan

Interactive Song:   “Autumn Leaves are Falling Down” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dKjUPqbt8DU)

Song:  “In the Autumn Air” (Track #14 Boogie to the Beat)

Scarf Song:  “Popcorn Kernels”

Book:  Fall Mixed Up / Bob Raczka, illustrations by Chad Cameron

Activity:  Kaboom!

Parachute

Shaker Song:  “Hold Still” (Track #5 Music is Awesome vol. 2)

Closing Song:  “Shake My Sillies Out” (Track #1 Fun in the Sun disc 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment