Tuesday, September 4, 2018

Fall 2018 Preschool Storytime Week One 9/4/18

We're back!!!!

August was a long month for families missing their regular storytime fix!  Today we started our Fall 2018 session even though it feels like Summer 2.0.  It is HOT out there today!  Several of my storytime kiddos have graduated on to kindergarten, including my daughter, so I definitely missed them.  I know they are crushing kindergarten though.  A number of my current kiddos are starting preschool programs this week so the "Back to School" theme worked quite nicely.  I'm looking forward to having toddler storytime graduates join me this Fall.  We're going to have a great time!  I'm introducing a couple of new songs and rhymes to the mix which they seemed to like.  I wasn't sure what reaction I would get by taking a hiatus from the Milkshake song!



Fall 2018 Preschool Storytime
Week One:  9/4/18

Back to School

Opening Song:  “When Cats Get Up in the Morning” (Track #3 Wiggleworms Love You)

Rhyme:  “Little Bunny in a Hat”

Talk about what the weather is like outside, what our theme is today.

Book:  Click, Clack, Quack to School! / Doreen Cronin and Betsy Lewin

Song:  “The Wheels on the Bus” (Track #14 Laurie Berkner Classic Kids’ Songs disc 1)

Scarf Rhyme:  “One Bright Scarf”

Book:  How to Get Your Teacher Ready / Jean Reagan, illustrated by Lee Wildish

Interactive Song:  “This is the Way We Go to School” (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fsIb5L0_pGY)

Book:  Fall is For School / Robert Neubecker

Shaker Song:  “Hold Still” (Track #5 Music is Awesome vol. 2 / Yo Gabba Gabba)

Closing Song:  “Shake My Sillies Out” (Track #1 Fun in the Sun disc 2)


No comments:

Post a Comment