Tuesday, October 2, 2018

Fall 2018 Preschool Storytime: Week Five 10/2/18

It's dinosaur time!  In what has become a popular tradition, the first week of my October storytimes is dinosaur themed!  Way back when a preschooler (who is probably in high school by now, yikes!) told me October is dinosaur month.  I confirmed it, and the tradition was born.  I'm totally bumming this year though because my dino obsessed daughter is in all day kindergarten and won't be with me this year.  Oh well, she's with us in spirit, and I'll be sure to celebrate with her later!



Fall 2018 Preschool Storytime
Week Five:  10/2/18

Dinosaurs

Opening Song:  “When Cats Get Up in the Morning” (Track #3 Wiggleworms Love You)

Rhyme:  “Little Bunny in a Hat”

Talk about what the weather is like outside, what our theme is today.

Book:  Dinosaur Rocket! / Penny Dale

Song:  “We Are the Dinosaurs” (Track #4 The Best of the Laurie Berkner Band)

Scarf Rhyme:  “One Bright Scarf”

Book:  Tyrannosaurus Rex vs. Edna the Very First Chicken / Douglas Rees, illustrated by Jed Henry

Interactive Song:  “Dinosaur Stomp (Dance-a-Long)” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Imhi98dHa5w

Book:  Dinosauring / Deb Lund, illustrated by Howard Fine

Shaker Song:  “Hold Still” (Track #5 Music is Awesome vol. 2 / Yo Gabba Gabba)

Closing Song:  “Shake My Sillies Out” (Track #1 Fun in the Sun disc 2)

No comments:

Post a Comment