Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Winter 2019 Music & Movement Storytime: Week One 1-2-19

So my first storytime of 2019 was an extra special one for me because I had two awesome assistants - my daughters!  They are 5 1/2 and 7, so they are now the "big kids" which they absolutely loved.  There was a tiny army of kiddos who followed them around!  My 7 year old was a huge help to me because I had been getting over a wicked cold/flu and still was getting my strength and voice back.  She got to take on a teacher role and did an amazing job.  Super proud mom moment!  The highlight for both of my girls was giving stamps to the kids at the end of the program.  You would have thought it was Christmas all over again!




Winter 2019 Music & Movement Storytime
Week One:  1-2-19


Opening Song:  “Take the Sun” (Track #1 More Please! / Caspar Babypants)

Song:  “The Monkey Dance” (Track #13 Yummy Yummy / The Wiggles)

Yoga Activity:  “Dancing Bear” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDXoMY6EoBM

Rhyme:  “The More We Get Together (Read Together)”

Book:  Baby Shark / Scholastic

Shaker Song:  “Fruit Salad Salsa” (Track #15 Victor Vito / Laurie Berkner Band)

Scarves Song:  “Pop Goes the Weasel” (Track #5 Away We Go / Caspar Babypants)

Song:  “A Little Faster on 3” (Track #3 Rockin’ Railroad vol. 1 / Kidville)

Activity:  Kaboom Game

Song:  “Self Control” (Track #15 Music in My Mouth / David Kizor)

Ribbons Song:  “All Around My Room” (Track #5 Rocketship Run / Laurie Berkner Band)

ABC Activity:  “The Yoga Alphabet” / Bari Koral

Goodbye Rhyme:  “Time to Say Goodbye to My Friends”

Goodbye Song:  “Skinnamarink” (Track #24 Elephant Song / Sharon, Lois, and Bram)

No comments:

Post a Comment