Thursday, December 14, 2017

How in the world is it December 14th?!?!?!

I'm currently sitting the the local elementary school library on a break in between class visits and catching up on things.  It has been a whirlwind of a Fall.  I have been going nonstop, super busy, and always working on something for the library.  This year has been an absolute blur, but it has been my best, most favorite year as a librarian yet!  I have had so many wonderful opportunities to get to know kids at my library and at the local schools and really learn about their interests and their goals.  I literally just spent a good 15-20 minutes talking with an amazing 5th grader who loves books and wants to be a children's librarian when she grows up.  It was one of those moments that totally confirmed, yep this is why I do what I do.  This is what I was meant to do in my life.  My heart is smiling.  I'm going to be working on an end of the year recap post soon, and I already can't wait to see what's in store in 2018.

No comments:

Post a Comment