Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Summer 2018 Music & Movement Storytime Week One: 6/6/18

Ain't no party like a storytime party 'cuz a storytime party don't stop!  Yowza, my kiddos were wired for sound this morning.  Thank heavens for Starbucks Dark Roast Plus with 2X caffeine!  A lot of the parents told me that the kids would ask daily when it was time for storytime again.  I missed them so much.  What an awesome group they are. 

Today happens to be my two-year anniversary at my new branch, although I guess it's not really that new to me anymore!  I am so blessed to work at such a wonderful library.  It's been an amazing two years.  I definitely partied to celebrate!


Summer 2018 Music & Movement Storytime
Week One:  6/6/18

Opening Song:  “Good Morning” (Track #1 Songs for Wiggleworms)

Opening Rhyme:  “Mr Sun!”

Song:  “If You’re Happy and You Know It” (Track #13 Mother Goose Rocks volume 3)

Where are we going to row today?
Ribbons Song:  “Row Row Row Your Boat” (Track #3 Mother Goose Rocks volume 4)

Yoga Activity:  “Your Favorite Color”, page 14 Breathe Like a Bear / Kira Willey, illustrated by Anni Betts

Scarf Song/Rhyme:  “Let’s Go Fly a Kite” (Track #1 Musical Scarves and Activities / Georgianna Stewart)

Transition Rhyme:  “If You’d Like to Read a Book”

Book:  This Old Van / Kim Norman, illustrated by Carolyn Conahan

Song:  “I’m a Nut” (Track #12 Groovy Green / Eric Litwin)

Activity:  Kaboom game

Book:  “There was an Old Woman Who Lived in a Shoe”, page 8 Grumbles From the Town:  Mother Goose Rhymes with a Twist / Jane Yolen and Rebecca Kai Dotlic, illustrations by Angela Matteson

Shaker Song/Rhyme:  “Milkshake” (Track #18 Songs for Wiggleworms)

Parachute

Closing Song:  “Good-Bye Song” (Track #15 Early Childhood Classics / Hap Palmer)

No comments:

Post a Comment