Tuesday, June 5, 2018

Summer 2018 Preschool Storytime Week One: 6-5-18

I'm back!  Wow, time got away from me!  I had every intention of posting things during our May storytime hiatus, but between school visits, summer program planning, and taking some vacation days for preschool and kindergarten graduations it unfortunately didn't happen.

But I'm back now, and ready for summer!  This year's Summer Reading theme is "Libraries Rock!", so you know I'm loving it!  I'm adding a lot of special songs and themed activities to programs, so stay tuned!



Summer 2018 Preschool Storytime
Week One:  6/5/18


Opening Song:  “Good Morning” (Track #1 Songs for Wiggleworms)

Song:  “If You’re Happy and You Know It” (Track #13 Mother Goose Rocks volume 3)

Author of the Day:  Eric Litwin

Transition Rhyme:  “If You’d Like to Read a Book”

Book:  Pete the Cat I Love My White Shoes / Eric Litwin

Song:  “We are the Dinosaurs” (Track #4 The Best of Laurie Berkner Band)

Book:  Groovy Joe: Ice Cream and Dinosaurs / Eric Litwin

Interactive Activity (iPad, Powerpoint rhyme, YouTube):  ABC Review

Song:  “Air Band Song (Turn It Down!)” (Track #1 Lisa Loeb’s Songs for Movin’ & Groovin’)

Book:  The Nuts Keep Rolling! / Eric Litwin

Scarf Rhyme:  “Popcorn Kernels”

Shaker Song:  “Milkshake” (Track #18 Songs for Wiggleworms)

Closing Song:  “Good-Bye Song” (Track #15 Early Childhood Classics / Hap Palmer)

No comments:

Post a Comment