Tuesday, September 29, 2020

I Wanna ROCK!!!

YOU GUYS!!!!  Holy cow, I discovered a very cool nonfiction picture book series about rock bands, and they are all groups that I LOVE!!!  Your girl loves rock 'n roll!  For three years in college I had my own radio show where I played classic rock, rock, and pop on 88.7 WJCU FM.  It was mostly me just playing some of my favorites, but I did have a loyal following.  Anyway, back to the books.  I got to see a preview copy of the Ramones one, and it led me to discovering three others, one of which is easily in my top three favorite group EVER!  So far two have been published.  The Ramones and Metallica have yet to come out.



 
 
This is so awesome because it introduces kids of today to groups from the past.  Not to sound like a crabby old man, but back in my day music was so much better than what they have today.  Okay, I have to admit that there are some current songs that I find catchy that I have discovered through TikTok browsing rabbit holes, but overall the quality and artistry just isn't the same as it was.  Seriously, I sound about 85 right now!  Now you're only counting three, but remembering that I said four.  The only thing that would be better would be if this was an Aerosmith book (my ultimate #1 favorite forever and ever), but this series has my #2.  Are you ready?
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

QUEEN!!!!!
 
The love I have for this group is strong.  I am even a fan of the revamped Queen with Adam Lambert because he is a magical rock god that I feel could be Freddie himself reincarnated even though Adam was born in 1982 and Freddie passed in 1991.  I requested this and the Depeche Mode one through interlibrary loan, and I will be begging my collection development department to secure this series for my system.  Book reviews to come, but I had to share the joy now!


No comments:

Post a Comment